ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL & GOVERNANCE
We aim to conduct our business and manage our asset portfolio in a way that generates sustainable wealth for investors, benefits society as a whole and preserves the environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to the highest standards of business conduct and demand the same standards throughout our supply chain. By actively working with occupiers, suppliers, local authorities and other parties, we work to create positive environmental and social outcomes across all properties that we own and manage.
As part of our commitment to responsible stewardship of the property assets that we develop and manage, we consider environmental trends as a part of the overall business plan for each property.
- Our property development team conducts an extensive environmental impact assessment of every project. This includes the impact on water courses, plant and animal habitat, social amenity, traffic and transport.
- Our asset management team considers current and future environmental issues when making investment decisions and as part of the business plan for individual properties.
- We encourage cycling (through our Cycle2Work scheme), walking, use of public transport and the reduction of waste to optimise the environmental performance of our offices.
- We aim to improve social amenity by creating vibrant and environmentally efficient spaces with features that impact positively on the health and wellbeing of occupiers.
- We consider long-term plans to reduce the consumption of non-renewable resources in the buildings managed, and by determining specific targets at fund or asset level as practical.
- We respect human rights by avoiding investments and engagements where discriminatory practices may be employed.
- We respect diversity and equality, and consider the interests of all stakeholders in our decision making.
- We support several philanthropic causes through non-profit organisations that promote healthcare, community development and other worthy causes.
We are committed to maintaining high standards of corporate governance, in line with best practice, which include but are not limited to, compliance with the all applicable legislation, accounting and tax standards, Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules and the principles of The Association of Investment Companies Code of Corporate Governance.
We support this commitment through a range of policies including
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies
- Anti-facilitation of tax evasion policy
- Anti-money laundering policy
- Environmental and sustainability policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Flexible working policy
- Gift and hospitality policy
- Share dealing policy
- Whistleblowing policy
We promote an ESG culture within the organisation by ensuring that responsibility is held at the highest level within the company. We also monitor compliance of the organisation with best practice and legislation.